James Bourne is a highly experienced Chartered Financial Planner, having worked in the industry for the past 16 years.
James has been awarded the prestigious Chartered Financial Planner designation by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). Chartered Status is the profession's gold standard for financial planners. It confirms that every Chartered Financial Planner has completed a suite of professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
Prior to joining St. James's
Place Wealth Management, James had a very successful career working for the banks and building societies, during which James achieved many accolades but his proudest achievement is having built a reputation of trust and integrity, with the ability to explain potentially complex financial jargon in an easy to understand way.
In 2017, James recognised that his clients needed him to be able to help them with all of their financial advice needs and therefore demanded a wider scope of advice and solutions, whilst also wanting the financial strength and reassurance that a large company provides.
Following an in-depth search of the market James made the decision to accept an invitation to join the prestigious St. James's
Place Wealth Management. St. James's
Place is a FTSE 100 company and one of the leading wealth management organisations in the UK, managing £117 billion of clients hard earned wealth.
James believes that their Investment Committee and wide scope of financial advice are perfectly suited to private clients needs and enables James as an adviser to do the job he loves of providing holistic face to face financial advice and recommending tailor made solutions, without sacrificing his personal touch.
James is married to Zoe and they have a daughter Isabella and live together in Ratton, Eastbourne. He has access to all the St. James's
Place offices throughout the UK to meet with his clients.
James frequently spends time advising clients at St. James's
Place Lombard Street London, and at St. James's
Place London Road Westerham. Alternatively, James advises clients at their place of work or in the comfort of their own homes throughout the South East.
Whether your preference is to meet James at one of our location offices, your place of work, or at your home this can be easily arranged.
James is qualified as a Pension Specialist and holds the following professional qualifications:
- Chartered Insurance Institute AF1 Personal Tax and Trust Planning (Advanced Diploma)
- Chartered Insurance Institute AF3 Pension Planning (Advanced Diploma)
- Chartered Insurance Institute AF4 Investment Planning (Advanced Diploma)
- Chartered Insurance Institute AF5 Financial Planning Process (Advanced Diploma)
- Chartered Insurance Institute AF7 Pension Transfers (Advanced Diploma)
- Chartered Insurance Institute JO5 Pension Income Options
- Chartered Insurance Institute JO10 Discretionary Investment Management
- Chartered Insurance Institute Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning
- Chartered Insurance Institute Diploma in Financial Planning
- Chartered Insurance Institute Financial Planning Certificate
- Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate in Pension Transfer Advice
- London Institute of Banking and Finance Diploma for Financial Advisers
In addition, James also has access to the vast resources of St. James's
Place taxation, trust* and pension experts who work alongside him.
The value of an investment with St. James's
Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than you invested.
*Trusts are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.